OPTIMAL INFANT AND YOUNG CHILD NUTRITION AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
INFANT FEEDING ISSUES
• There was resistance to exclusive breastfeeding as they felt only breast milk is not enough especially for big baby boys .
• Myths and misconceptions like the one that a pregnant woman cannot breastfeed are deeply rooted but they were demystified.
• Most children were getting a monotonous diet.
• The forums have reached more than 2000 people.
• The project has managed to reach to some of people in very remote areas who have no or little information.
• The community has already started accepting the initiative.