To rank issues according to their importance to the group.
- If you are working with a large group, subdivide the participants into groups of 10-15 and ask them to select a leader/facilitator.
- Review the list of issues that have emerged and write or draw each issue on cards forming the first column of a matrix, like the one below.
- Ask the participants/groups to rank the issues in ascending order (the most important issue would rank as 1).
- Write down all the scores and calculate the total per issue.
- Rank the issues. The issue with the lowest score is ranked No.1; the issue with the next lowest is ranked No. 2 and so on.